Just £15 for a membership that lasts the entirety of your degree
- Awesome CUES stash, featuring new designs every year and heavily subsidised.
- Be eligible to apply for the CUES Committee.
- …and much more!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding the membership fee and registration process.
Engage with our industry partners and alumni network, and meet new people at our fun socials :
- Networking evening with our sponsors.
- Alumni mentorship scheme for personalised application guidance and career advice from industry professionals.
- Professional engineering associations such as the IET, RAes, ICE, and InstMC partner with us for special presentations and opportunities.
- Socials and Annual Dinners are heavily subsidised and exclusive for our members.
- Welfare events featuring our weekly Engineers’ Cafés, ice cream and crêpe days at the department.
- Access and diversity initiatives to help build a more inclusive engineering community.
- Events with other societies including MedSoc, CUCES, and the Oxford Engineering Society.
We offer opportunities to help build both technical and soft skills, as well as supporting you with personal projects :
- CUES hackathons to help hone your programming skills.
- Private workshops in areas such as machine learning, blockchain, and data science.
- Speaker panels featuring industry leaders to discuss key topics, including artificial intelligence, diversity in STEM, and sustainability.
- Grants to be used for personal projects.
- Exclusive opportunities such as free Coursera access and online training resources.
We organise a wide variety of events throughout the year, including:
- CUES Careers Fair, the largest student-run careers fair at the University with over 30 exhibitors last year.
- Lunchtime presentations from leading tech companies and visionary startups, covering exciting projects and recruitment advice.
- Flagship events led by our industry sponsors. Past events include design workshops from P&G, ARM hackathons, cybersecurity challenges by BAE Systems, and the TTP venture competition.
- Email bulletins delivered twice a week, with the latest info on internship and graduate opportunities, as well as other STEM-related events around Cambridge.
- Site visits to get out of Cambridge and see engineering in action.
- CUES International Trip – our a highly subsidised trip abroad to destinations such as Berlin, Amsterdam, CERN, and the European Space Agency.
Founded in 1901, CUES is Cambridge University’s largest academic society and one of the most active. If you’re looking for exclusive recruitment events from top engineering firms, private workshops and hackathons to hone your skills, and a supportive community during your time at Cambridge—look no further. With 1300+ members and 20+ upcoming events in Michaelmas alone, what are you waiting for?